Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can I upgrade the video card in my Toshiba Satellite laptop?

I need something bigger, faster, and with hardware transform and lighting. Everything else about my notebook is great, and I don't really want to buy a new one.|||It appears that the question period has expired. If an answer has been given that meets your needs, please pick a 'best answer'. Regards.|||It would help if you could provide the actual model (which can be found on the back of your device) of your Toshiba Satellite laptop (i.e. Satellite Pro 6000, 6100, etc.). However, the rule-of-thumb for most (if not all) laptops is that you cannot upgrade the video card because it is embedded onto the motherboard; that is one of the main reasons why gamers will not buy laptops. Normally, you can upgrade the memory (RAM) and harddrive on any laptop make. I am not quite sure but I believe that there is only 1 or 2 models of laptops out on the market whereby you can upgrade the video card and for a hefty price too; for your peace of mind, go to Toshiba's website and check their Technical Support section for your specific model (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_home.jsp) ; hope this helps.



Dsl_King

No comments:

Post a Comment