Thursday, April 26, 2012

Do Laptops Have Video Cards?

OK, I don't know that much about laptops, I almost know desktops inside and out...but laptops mystify me a bit.



Do laptops have video cards in the traditional sense of like desktop video cards? Or are the "video cards" just GPU's attached to the motherboard?



My ultimate goal with this questioning: I have a HP dv7 (http://www.insidemylaptop.com/disassemble-hp-pavilion-dv7-notebook/) I want to rip everything out, and stuff newer better stuff in.|||Most have GPU's

The most expensive may have video cards

You won't have a video card on your HP

There is a way to use a video card with an external connector if you don't want to ruin your laptop



hope this helps|||Yes, all computers and laptops have video cards. I have that same laptop too btw!



I would suggest seeing a computer expert for more advice!|||Most laptops have built in video to the motherboard|||GPUs. You can't upgrade much other then memory and potentially the disk drive

No comments:

Post a Comment