Friday, April 27, 2012

My computer no longer recognizes my video card?

I have an HP tx2500 notebook with a ATI Radeon HD 3200 integrated graphics card. It came with Vista, but I don't like Vista so I clean installed Windows XP. Now it no longer recognizes my graphics card in the Device Manager or elsewhere. The only thing it says when I look it up is VgaSave, It has now other information.|||you need to install the video drivers

this is hp's website

theres about forty drivers total download them all and save them in a folder on the c drive to download the ones you need

if you need help installing drivers look up how to open device manager in xp in google

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Tec…|||In my experience in using HP products I found that their driver support is incredible. try going to the HP website search for your product and download the latest graphic driver for windows xp, install and it should work. I also had a HP laptop that came with vista and downgraded it to XP this worked fine for me. Below is a link to the HP website where I have started the search for you:-



http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_lang=en&h_cc=uk&cc=uk&h_page=hpcom&lang=en&h_client=S-A-R135-1&h_pagetype=s-002&h_query=tx+2500&submit.x=5&submit.y=8|||So the video you're getting now is just generic VGA. Okay...Well, I would go to ATI's website and download an XP driver for it. I'm sure there is one. XP on it's own doesn't recognize many video cards and since video is very specific, I would go with the manufacturer's driver, even if Windows did recognize it, as the manufacturer's will be much better, have a lot more functionality, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment