Friday, April 27, 2012

In my HP notebook, how do I limit the power of the GPU?

I ask because my laptop has a powerful video card, and I don't play games, or do any other video incentive tasks.



All my video card does is eat up battery life and create heat. How do I limit its power, by say, half?|||You could always tryout rivatuner: http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=riv…



You can set the speeds of your GPU lower, so it consumes less power.|||hmm well that's impossible but you can, try reducing your processor speed and brightness to save battery. these should be available in the power options. and advanced power options.|||i think this chip was defective FROM THE BLOODY MANUFACTURER, as Firkin Nvidia decided to use bad solders and that the GP Us are destined to die.thats the reason all video cards eat up battery life and create heat|||hey buddy, it's very possible to do that using a free program called AtiTool. just set the GPU's clock speeds to a half lower and you're all set.



i'm not really sure if AtiTool can do this, if it doesn't use rivatuner(a much complicated program)

No comments:

Post a Comment