Friday, April 27, 2012

Can I replace my NVIDIA MCP67M video card on my HP Pavilion dv6500 notebook PC?

I recently bought this HP Pavilion dv6500 about 6 months ago. I wasn't in the mood of gaming until now, and I've run into some problems. I've found this video card (NVIDIA MCP67M) is horrible. All of my other specs (see below) are pretty decent, but this is the main one that I feel lags. So, I am wondering, am I able to replace this video card with a different one? If so, could you provide me with some links to some. Thanks for your time.



Hewlett-Packard

HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC

AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.9 GHz

1.983 MB RAM

NVIDIA MCP67M 64MB (GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M)

Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit)|||MCP67M is your laptop motherboard's chipset. Part of that chipset is the Geforce 7150M integrated graphics. You can not replace the chipset.



Some DV 6500 have the Geforce 8400M graphics card. Try checking with HP if it is possible to upgrade your laptop to 8400M or better. There are no retail internal graphics cards for laptops, just proprietary ones only.|||If you want to game in a portible way, then I would suggest that you sell your laptop and purchase one that has a better graphics card that is more fit for gaming.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment