Monday, May 7, 2012

Can I put a new video card on my notebook?

Sorry Ivan, you probably can't change it. Only a couple models of laptops allow changing the video card (less than 1%) so there's a 99% chance yours cannot be changed.



It's one of the cruel facts of laptops.



But check your mfr specs to see if there are any options.|||Not really, only very few laptops that has these options, and they are more towards the higher end of the market.|||Probably not.



There are a few out there that have upgradeable video cards, but they are the high-end gaming and graphic design notebooks that run upwards of $2500us brand new.|||Not internally. You see, they solder a lot of the components to the motherboard to avoid failures from being banged around. There are some PCMCIA cards that will work, but they are pricey.|||Only if you're really really good, most don't have upgradeable vid cards. I assemble all my desktops, but I buy my notebooks, too much work even for a tech. Notebooks are NOT for upgrading, buy a desktop if youre concerned about keeping up. Notebooks are for convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment