Friday, April 27, 2012

Computer people! Intel video cards: Amnesia and others Help?

Okay, so I was setting up amnesia and i got the error renderer #0, error, I have figured out i need a new graphics card or intel video card I think... I'm very Illiterate when it comes to computer/laptop codes.

I have a:

Compaq presario CQ61 Notebook PC

Processor: Celeron(R) Dual-core CPU T3100 @

1.90 GHz .1.90GHz

RAM 2.00 GB

32 bit operating system

With windows 7

Is there anything I can buy to add to my laptop or anything I need to update?

Please help me, I really want to be able to play awesome games on my laptop.

Thanks|||Renderer errors are graphic based and they can be fixed by either updating with the latest card drivers Or unstalling and re-installing the drivers should help.

If you have integrated graphic card, then you also have the option to buy a better graphic card to improve performance. Integrated graphic card shares the RAM.|||>Is there anything I can buy to add to my laptop or anything I need to update?



There is nothing you can do for your laptop, unfortunately. Laptops are very limited in terms of upgrades -- the most you can do is to add more RAM and perform a hard drive upgrade.



However, the CPU and the graphics chip, which does all the processing, cannot be upgraded or replaced in most laptops.



Games generally depend heavily on a graphics chip, which your Compaq currently does not have. Amnesia requires a discrete GPU to run and is not supported on integrated GPU's.



If you want to play games, you would need an entirely new machine, hopefully one that has a better CPu and graphics chip.



If you would like a notebook recommendation, I can suggest the Lenovo E520 which has a Core i5 processor and a powerful Radeon 6630m graphics card. It retails for AUD $649 but with the BULK2 promotion code, you can grab it for $551. Shipping is free anywhere within Australia.



http://shopap.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/con…|||Your laptop has an Intel GMA 4500M graphics controller. Unfortunately, the system requirements for Amnesia are a GeForce 8600 GT, a Radeon X800 GT, or better. Your controller is not even anywhere near the performance of either of those.



There's nothing you can do to turn your laptop into a gaming laptop, it's just not one. Sorry.|||I disagree with the first two comments.



I can play amnesia on my old laptop and it runs fine.



Have you tried lowering the resolution on the launcher, disable any enhancements.

If you can, run it in windowed mode.



You might want to update your display drivers as well.

To do that:

1. Type in the windows search bar "update drivers"

2. Click "Update Device Drivers"

3. Click the drop down on "Display Drivers" and right click the driver inside.

4. Select "Update driver software"

5. Allow to update.



If all else fails then I guess you need to buy a newer graphics card.



Hope that helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment