Friday, April 27, 2012

Can I replace the Video Card on an Acer Aspire 5610-4610 Notebook?

I have an Acer Aspire 5610-4610 Notebook, and I want to replace the video card. I have a feeling that I can't just buy any old video card that's compatible with my notebook's software. It has to fit, right? I'm running on Vista also.|||I have a Acer Aspire 5610, sadly the video card cannot be upgraded. sadface.



Reason being: The Video card currently is "integrated" into your motherboard, meaning there is no port for your video card and in turn is not upgradeable without replacing the motherboard.|||No it all depends if the video card is on board which it is because i have never seen an add on video card and for some reason its an add on the video needs to be direct x10 for vista and it would have to be PCIE not AGP.|||no the video graphics is a chip on the mother board, it is not a card, so your stuck with what you have. unless you want to swap out the mother board in that case you would need to contact Acer to see if it could be done.



check out the link below|||You can't change a video card in any laptop. It's tightly integrated with the motherboard and there's no card slots (AGP, PCI, PCI Express, etc) you normally find in desktop PC.



If you are using high graphic application like 3D or architecture, make sure you choose the laptop with high quality video card built-in, especially with dedicated video memory (not shared with main memory/RAM).

No comments:

Post a Comment