Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can I change my laptop video card from NVIDIA QUADRO NVS 140m to NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400m GS/GT ? if yes, HOW?

I have a dell latitude d830 and I hear changing a laptop's video card is virtually impossible. I'm hoping it's possible to change my quadro card to a geforce without 'killing' or damaging the notebook.



Thanks|||Generally the answer is NO, unless



1) Dell provides that option, or

2) getting another laptop with that chip inside is what you mean by upgrading.



In my experience, video chips in laptops are not a seperate, changeable card.|||No chance. There are some things you just can't change on laptops.

Things you can change:

Battery

Hard drive

Optical drive

RAM

Things you can't change:

Processor

Motherboard

Graphics/video card

power supply

No comments:

Post a Comment