Friday, April 27, 2012

Best afforable video card for laptop?

My video is pretty bad and I want a new one to play games on. I'm looking at spending nothing more than 200-250$. My laptop is an hp hdx notebook. The best one for the

price.|||2 problems: 1- Do NOT try to game with a laptop. Everything costs 20% more than it would for a desktop. 2- Laptop graphics cards are part of the motherboard and cannot be changed. You would have to replace the entire motherboard, which would be a huge waste of money. Sorry :(|||Very few laptops allow upgrading of the video card, so I doubt yours is upgradeable



I have an older Dell laptop that has a mini-PCI adapter, so mine is technically upgradeable, but spending that much money on an upgrade card is a waste of time, considering you will probably have to upgrade a few other things as well, like the RAM. Also, it will put extra stress on your batteries, run them down a lot quicker.



I don't recommend it, put the money towards getting a newer laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment