Thursday, April 26, 2012

Help with notebook video card/processor please

I need to buy a laptop, I will use it for playing videos all day. I am a VJ (dj that mixes videos) I'm good with computers but i dont know much about the specs. I know that the higher the ram, the better it will run, so I guess something like 3gb ram would be ok. Now what do I look for in the processor and in the video card? On this laptop I have:

-AMD Turion 64 x2 mobile technology

-ATI Radeon Express 1100 (video card)

-100 gb hard drive

-2gb ram.

What is making my videos lag, my video card or my processor? thanks guys.

p.s. I'm looking to buy a laptop on ebay, an acer, thats why im asking|||Your probably running windows vista. Thats half the problem. Your processor is a bit slow but it not too bad. It should run fine with 2 GB of RAM..|||Get a dedicate video card if you buy a share video card then your performance will drop significantly since the processing powers and ram are share with the video card.

No comments:

Post a Comment