Sunday, May 6, 2012

Is there any way to upgrade my video card in my notebook?

I just ordered a hp notebook but when I ordered it, they only gave me one option for a video card. A 128 MB ATI card. Is there any way I can upgrade?If not with regular video card, do they make video cards for notebooks? Thanks|||Depends. Some laptops have intergrated graphics, meaning that even if they are produced by outside sources like ATi, because they are hardwired into the laptop motherboard they cannot be replaced. Best option is to contact HP and ask them if it can be upgraded.



Generally, it cannot be. Most manufacturers do not produce vid cards for laptops.|||I suggest that you call your seller and ask if your Lap Top video card is upgradeable.



Most inexpensive lap tops have the video card built in to the motheboard, and are not ugradedable.|||Man it is all about space. Here is a suggestion; goto http://www.unitedmicro.com and see what cards they have as choices other than your ati card. Keep hunting and you will find your answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment