Sunday, May 6, 2012

Is it possible to upgrade to a new video card in the Toshiba Satellite L305-S5933 notebook?

I was just wondering if there was a slot available for a new video card, rather than the onboard intel graphics, before I opened this bad boy up.



Thanks in advance!|||Since the first two answers are pretty useless to you, I will see if I can help (the second is utter crap, which I am sure you realized).



I don't think that a laptop with integrated graphics cards have a spot for a dedicated card, although I am not 100% on this. The reasoning I have for this is the motherboard. Since there isn't a dedicated graphics card in there already, I'm going to assume that where the graphics card would be, there's something already there or the space just isn't there.



Don't quote me 100% on this, as I don't really know, because I haven't ever actually thought about changing the video card in a laptop. My best advice would be to just open her up and look inside, and see if there's a spot for the graphics card.



Toshiba's notorious for putting integrated graphics in a laptop and pretty much refusing to put in a dedicated graphics card even when they really should, so I wouldn't be surprised for them to allow users to put in their own graphics card, but I wouldn't expect it.|||Video cards are built in to the motherboard on laptops. You can not change them.|||laptops can't be upgraded except ram,hard drive and dvd drive

No comments:

Post a Comment