Sunday, May 6, 2012

Does anyone know why I would be having video trouble when running Excel 2007?

My notebook is running XP Pro and has an ATI video card with the most updated drivers. I recently flashed the BIOS but still am having trouble. I will be using Excel and all of a sudden half the screen will be blank. I will scroll and everything returns to normal, but sometimes it will completely freeze and I have to shut down Excel and re-start it. It is very frustrating!|||This sounds like a video driver problem. Have you tried rolling back to an older version of the driver? With video drivers newer is not always better. You might also try just using the default Windows driver. That just might work better. Unless you are playing games on the laptop, you probably won't notice any performance difference. Finally, check the documentation for the ATI driver and see if it mentions any known problems with Office 2007.



Excel 2007 should run just fine on XP Pro with at least 256 MB of ram, though I hope that you have considerably more than that.



Tim

http://feeds.feedburner.com/ExcelBlog|||No, it is not the video drivers. I discovered that it is only happening when I have more than one spreadsheet open at a time. I like to "Alt-Tab" between two, often moving data from one to another, and that is when I have the problems.

Report Abuse


|||You might not have enough RAM or a powerful enough CPU...

No comments:

Post a Comment