Monday, May 7, 2012

Notebook Video Card, Go 6100 or Go 7600 (Vista Aero performance)?

Looking at 2 possible laptops, identical except that one has a NVidia GeForce Go 6100 integrated video card and the other has NVidia GeForce Go 7600. Although I will originally be using XP, upgrading to Vista is likely. Both setups are "Vista Ready" according to NVidia but I want to make sure if I decide to save $$ by going with the Go 6100 machine (about $150 less and already very high on my budget) that it can handle Vista without slowing down too much.



I will also be using the notebook to connect to a video projector (InFocus SP4805) using DVI output which both machines can do. I plan to watch normal DVDs but perhaps HD TV in the future.



Any thoughts or experiences to guide me in the right direction?|||The number one hardware component for Vista is going to be video cards - especially for notebooks. Since few notebooks have the ability to upgrade video cards, you want the most powerful card you can afford when you buy the laptop.



The Go7600 is faster than the Go 6100. If you can wait a bit, I would wait until Vista is fully released and see what kind of DirectX 10 video cards come out for laptops.

No comments:

Post a Comment