Sunday, May 6, 2012

Will a pc or notebook s video port display the pc screen like a LCD projector does?

I have a notebook with an ATI video card. I have updated the drivers. I see the desktop but not the mouse cursor, the bottom row of buttons (start, etc), or desktop icons. I have adjusted the TV screen size so that I am not overshooting the display on the screen. When I open something on the desktop (e.g. Power Point), the Power Point is seen on my notebook monitor but I only see the desktop on the TV screen. Can I use the s video of the pc to display the pc screen on a TV?|||Yes. There are different modes that appear when you use S-Video.



1-Just show on TV/Projector.

2.Show desktop on tv and program on computer or vice versa.(This is used if you connect your computer to another monitor so you can multitask.)

3-Show main use(program, desktop, whatever you are doing) on both.



To do this there should be shortcut keys on your laptop. Use that button a few times and you should find your answer.|||yes you can..



if your TV has a VGA in, or SVIDEO in (and your computer has SVIDEO out) then you can "enable" the TV on your computer in the display properties..



right click on any blank spot on the desktop and choose "properties"..



it'll be Advanced under "Display Settings" etc..and somewhere in that set of tabs will be a way to enable the TV..|||yes, but you may need to open up your ATI catlyst control and send the video source out. not all computers can reset there video display from laptop to screen without you manually changing them. Look for some type of options for dual moniter support, or video out support and mess around in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment